A countdown to Christmas craft is a fun family activity everyone can participate in.
I remember doing these as a kid and taking a lot of pleasure hanging them in my room.
My favorite color was blue and I always insisted on making it blue instead of the traditional red and/or green.
This Christmas countdown chain can be hung up anywhere and used to countdown to Christmas.
The chain is simple and straightforward and only requires a few items to put together.
How Do You Make a Christmas Countdown Chain?
Christmas Countdown Chain Supplies
- Toilet Paper Roll
- Construction and/or Foam Paper
- Markers or Paint Pens
- Hole Punch
- Pipe Cleaner
Related Content: Free Planner and Budget for Gift Giving Throughout the Year
- Craft Pom Poms
- Craft Eyes
- Ribbon or String
Christmas Countdown Chain Instructions
- Cut construction paper to size and cover TP roll completely
- Cut out desired topper shape/design and decorate accordingly
- Glue topper to toilet paper roll
- Using the construction paper, cut out 24 equal size strips for the chain
- Decorate each strip with markers or paint pens
- Glue the first chain link to the bottom of the topper
- Loop through and glue all additional strips to form the remainder of the chain
- Use the hole puncher, or the tip of the scissors, to make a small hole on either side of the top portion of the topper
- Run the pipe cleaner through the holes and twist the ends to make the hanger for the chain
Hang the chain where desired, and remove one chain link at the end of each day. When you reach the topper, Christmas Day is here!!!
Happy Holidays. Follow 365 Gift Guide on Pinterest for more DIY crafts and activities for kids and adults.
This post may contain affiliate links which means we will make a small commission if you purchase through those links. Read full disclosure HERE.